Wednesday, February 22, 2012


What Are You Waiting For?

The first session of my Adult Money Management Class was completed last night.  It was filled with individuals who were ready to make a change when it came to their finances.  They each came ready to digest the material and start to apply it to their lives.  Over the years I’ve come to realize when it comes to managing your finances individuals tend to go at it alone because they fear what people will think of them.  They don’t want to be embarrassed in front of others because the financial mistakes that they have made up until now will be out for everyone to see.  The ones that finally say “I’ve had enough” come to realize that they are not in the minority when it comes to financial issues, but where they are in the minority is when it comes to those that will seek help. It takes courage to say I am going to make a change in my financial life and having that type of courage will overtake any type of fear and it will definitely get you through the journey to become DEBT FREE!  

It does not matter what your age is when you decide to get your financial house in order as long as you do it! In the class last night the ages ranged from twenty six to eighty years old and each person said that they came away with some information that will help their household financially.  I was once where they are today and even though there was a time when I did not want anyone to know the amount of my debt I am now able to stand before others and tell my story without shame as I did last night at the beginning of class.  I know it helps when you are not alone in this journey to be DEBT FREE!  

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

No comments:

Post a Comment